Full-time in London.
Dem Dx is a medical diagnosis startup that enables healthcare professionals to gain clinical confidence through improved diagnosis accuracy. We believe that misdiagnosis can be reduced by improving clinical reasoning and by distributing specialist medical knowledge throughout the world.
Our app, Dem Dx is being used in more than 170 countries, from Guy’s & St Thomas’ hospital in the heart of London, UK, to micro-clinics in villages in Kenya. To accomplish this we are backed by leading technology investors and global health giant Johnson & Johnson.
This is an exciting time for us as we commercialise the product and develop it across different platforms. The ideal candidate relishes autonomy, is confident making big and small decisions that will impact the company and has an interest in healthcare.
Our team of eight is one of the most diverse early stage startups in London and we’re an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence knowledge and expertise for a joint project between Dem Dx and a large, high profile UK medical institution.
- Work closely with the Dem Dx team to develop machine learning solutions that will have a tangible impact on healthcare systems.
- Work alongside experts from the Dem Dx core team, board, institutional staff and senior academic advisors.
- Be responsible for technical insights, feature development and product direction.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work or educational experience in the field of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Experience working in a production environment with consideration of efficiency and performance optimisation.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a related technical field.
- Large Scale Machine Learning experience, examples of applications / processing done.
- Graphics Processing Unit programming experience.
- Cloud platform experience (eg AWS)
*No previous medical knowledge needed*
Role and remuneration
- Full time, Competitive remuneration, includes share options
To Apply for this role please send your CV and a short introduction by Aug 13th 2018 to: