Dem Dx is a medical diagnosis start-up that aims to improve the provision of healthcare worldwide by helping healthcare professionals diagnose illness more accurately and with greater confidence. Our app is available across iOS, Android and web and to date has been used in over 160 countries. We have partnered with leading teaching institutions such as King’s College London Medical School to help improve the training of the next generation of doctors. In Africa, we are democratising the availability of healthcare information, helping nurses and clinical officers diagnose illness in their communities. And to relieve some of the burden on overworked healthcare systems.
Dem Dx is an exciting point in its growth as we look to commercialise internationally and roll out our product to more institutions and individual users. We are recruiting for the role of lead digital UI/UX designer. Our ideal candidate is someone keen to join a small team working in London who are looking to have an outsize impact on healthcare globally.
Overall job purpose
We are looking for a User-Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) designer able to understand our unique business requirements, be responsible for wireframes, mockups, and prototypes as well as support marketing/sales with the website and marketing materials.
The UX/UI designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the experience or product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing/feedback.
About the role
- Translate concepts into wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the creative team’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products and experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Provide teams with research context and perspective on what will make a product easy to use.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Strong communication, collaboration and organisational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate clearly with engineers and other stakeholders within your team and beyond.
- Be passionate about all things UX/UI and other areas of design and innovation.
About your experience
- 3+ years in professional industry
- University degree
- Experience in traditional digital UX (Website and Apps). Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing solutions for complete digital environments
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, and the likes is a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong teamwork mindset and ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functional groups
- Enthusiastic about the start-up lifestyle – fast-paced, challenging, and sometimes working on tasks outside your core role
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking ability, and the ability to prioritise
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Design UX/UI for new and existing products across iOS, Android and WebApp
- Design and build working prototypes of new products, using a range of software
- Design online marketing collateral for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and email
- Create assets for the website and in charge of overall design
- Design collateral for Marketing Department, including flyers, banners and logos for print
Software packages used
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign a bonus
- Proficient in either InVision or Figma, Sketch
- Wireframing Tools – Omnigraffle, Sketch,
- Knowledge of editing software a bonus, Sublime Text, WordPress & web design practices
Role and remuneration
- Part time; 2 days/week, contractor or part time employee
- £28k to £35k pro-rata day equivalent – negotiable depending on experience
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Three reasons why you believe you would be the right fit for this role