Dem Dx is a medical diagnosis start-up that aims to improve the provision of healthcare worldwide by helping healthcare professionals diagnose illness more accurately and with greater confidence.
Our app is available across iOS, Android and web and to date has been used in over 160 countries. We have partnered with leading teaching institutions such as King’s College London Medical School to help improve the training of the next generation of doctors. In Africa, we are democratising the availability of healthcare information, helping nurses and clinical officers diagnose illness in their communities and to relieve some of the burden on overworked healthcare systems.
Dem Dx is an exciting point in its growth as we are extend our product to use Machine Learning Algorithms to predict likely clinical scenarios.
DemDx is looking for a data scientist to join the team for a NIHR funded Phase II project with the world leading Moorfields Eye Hospital. We are building predictive models that will be trialled by clinicians within Moorfields A&E to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the patient pathway.
We are recruiting for the role of Machine Learning Specialist. Our ideal candidate is someone keen to join a small team working in London who are looking to have an outsize impact on healthcare globally.
- Strong theoretical understanding of ML principles
- Strong foundation in the Python ML stack
- Experience training models at scale (data processing and pipeline management)
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to share knowledge and upskill others
- A self-motivated, self-starter with a can-do attitude and an ability to get things done
- A team player but also comfortable working on projects alone
- Thrive in a fast-paced, enterprising environment
- Experience deploying ML models into a production environment
- Knowledge of the MLOps principles
- Experience applying machine learning methods to health data
- Publication in top tier journal
- Become the driving force in our Machine Learning solution
- Work with our core customers to build out the Machine Learning Solution
- Own the Machine Learning Solution and assist our existing development team in learning about M/L algorithms and how they are implemented to integrate with our core application
- Job Type: Full-time – starting March 2021
- Salary: Depending on experience and skills