Dem Dx is a medical diagnosis start-up that aims to improve the provision of healthcare worldwide by helping healthcare professionals diagnose illness more accurately and with greater confidence.
Our app is available across iOS, Android and web and to date has been used in over 160 countries. We have partnered with leading teaching institutions such as King’s College London Medical School to help improve the training of the next generation of doctors. In Africa, we are democratising the availability of healthcare information, helping nurses and clinical officers diagnose illness in their communities and to relieve some of the burden on overworked healthcare systems.
Dem Dx is an exciting point in its growth as we look to commercialise internationally and roll out our product to more institutions and individual users. The ideal candidate relishes autonomy, is confident making big and small decisions that will impact the company and has an interest in healthcare.
We are recruiting for the role of Machine Learning lead. Our ideal candidate is someone keen to join a small team working in London who are looking to have an outsize impact on healthcare globally.
- Provide Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence knowledge and expertise for a joint project between Dem Dx and a large, high profile UK medical institution.
- Work closely with the Dem Dx team to develop machine learning solutions that will have a tangible impact on healthcare systems.
- Work alongside experts from the Dem Dx core team, board, institutional staff and senior academic advisors.
- Be responsible for technical insights, feature development and product direction.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work or educational experience in the field of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Experience implementing one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Experience working in a production environment with consideration of efficiency and performance optimisation.
- *No previous medical knowledge needed*
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a related technical field.
- Large Scale Machine Learning experience, examples of applications / processing done.
- Graphics Processing Unit programming experience.
- Cloud platform experience (eg AWS, GCP)
Role and remuneration
- Full time, Competitive remuneration, includes share options
To apply for this role please send your CV and a short introduction by June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org