Software Developer / Programmer/ Engineer – Full Stack, React, Node, AWS – London
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a software developer with strong experience in developing and maintaining web applications written in JS and node.js with a focus on mobile web on Android. You will be joining our team in Farringdon, London, made up of startup professionals, medical doctors, designers, and software developers who are passionate about digital health.
The ideal candidate will have a focus on mobile web and have examples of previous work they can talk about and demonstrate.
- Become familiar with the existing codebase and pipelines of the current web application.
- Build out the features on our product roadmap that support our business goals.
- Prepare time and work estimates for upcoming features, fixes and revisions.
- Communicate technical challenges effectively and make informed decisions where possible.
- Work with the business team to assess current and future business requirements and how they translate to new product features and iterations of the web application product.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering preferred or 3+ years in relevant software development.
- Good understanding and experience of web technology fundamentals around HTML, S/CSS and JS, including performance, progressive enhancement, security and modern APIs (offline store, service workers, etc.).
- Experience and understanding around React, Redux and ideally GraphQL (React-Native a nice to have).
- Experience of modern app design principles, eg. Material Design.
- Familiar with standard Agile development processes, JIRA, Git
- Gitlab (for CI/CD)
- AWS Cloudformation / ECS
- Node.js & Express
- Google Analytics
What We Offer
- Collaborative and fun working environment
- Exciting, meaningful work that contributes to better healthcare outcomes for all
- Lead a technical project with a broad reach
Remuneration: circa £60k + Equity
We are a medical diagnosis startup that enables healthcare professionals to help save lives through improved diagnosis accuracy. We believe that the problem of misdiagnosis can be solved by resolving clinical uncertainty and by distributing specialist medical knowledge throughout the world.
Our app, Dem Dx is being used in more than 170 countries, from Guy’s & St Thomas’ hospital in the heart of London UK, to micro-clinics in villages in Kenya. To accomplish this we are backed by leading technology investors and global health giant Johnson & Johnson.
This is a crucial time for us – we’re commercialising our product and launching across different platforms. You’ll be leading the frontline and responsible for the technology used in our web-app working closely with the CEO and COO, supporting the product roadmap, writing code and building outstanding solutions that help users solve problems.
The ideal candidate relishes autonomy, is confident making big and small decisions that will impact the company and is ready to have a technology team built around them as the company grows. A bonus would be if the individual has previously worked on healthcare products, however it’s not a must.
Our team of eight is one of the most diverse early stage startups in London and we’re an equal opportunity employer.
Final date for applications extended to : 28th September 2018
How to Apply:
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and we will contact you for further discussion.