Dem Dx is a medical diagnosis startup that develops a revolutionary diagnostic support tool used by medical students and doctors in more than 170 countries. Our mobile web application provides an indispensable diagnosis reference that stays with doctors, into their clinical years and beyond.
Dem Dx is used as a teaching tool by Guy’s & St Thomas’ hospital and is backed by global health giant Johnson & Johnson.
Our team in Clerkenwell, London, is made up of start-up professionals, medical doctors, designers and software developers who are passionate about digital health and the benefits new technology can bring to medicine.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a software developer with strong experience in developing and maintaining web applications written in JS and node.js with a focus on mobile web on Android. You will be joining our team in Farringdon, London, made up of startup professionals, medical doctors, designers, and software developers who are passionate about digital health.
The ideal candidate will have a focus on mobile web and have examples of previous work they can talk about and demonstrate.
What We Offer
- Collaborative and fun working environment
- Exciting, meaningful work that contributes to better healthcare outcomes for all
- Lead a technical project with a broad reach
- Become familiar with the existing codebase and pipelines of the current web application.
- Build out the features on our product roadmap that support our business goals.
- Prepare time and work estimates for upcoming features, fixes and revisions.
- Communicate technical challenges effectively and make informed decisions where possible.
- Work with the business team to assess current and future business requirements and how they translate to new product features and iterations of the web application product.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering preferred or 3+ years in relevant software development.
- Good understanding and experience of web technology fundamentals around HTML, S/CSS and JS, including performance, progressive enhancement, security and modern APIs (offline store, service workers, etc.).
- Experience and understanding around React, Redux and ideally GraphQL (React-Native a nice to have).
- Experience of modern app design principles, eg. Material Design.
- Familiar with standard Agile development processes, JIRA, Git
- Gitlab (for CI/CD)
- AWS Cloudformation / ECS
- Node.js & Express
- Google Analytics
Remuneration: circa £60k + Equity
What We Offer
- Collaborative and fun working environment.
- Exciting, meaningful work that contributes to better healthcare outcomes for all.
- Work with experienced startup and medical professionals
Final date for applications: 2nd July 2018
How to Apply:
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you for further discussion.